Supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
PUPILS WITH CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR PROBLEMS
Developing a successful strategy to meet their needs
Every school at some time might be faced with the need to support pupils with challenging behaviour problems. If the needs of these pupils are not met things quickly deteriorate for the child, other children and the school staff. Difficult and legally binding decisions may then need to be taken.
This is a day designed to help and prepare headteachers and staff to respond to the needs of these pupils. Tricia Murphy wrote the very successful and highly acclaimed ‘Behaviour Profile’ to support schools in these circumstances. Every school needs a very effective strategy for dealing with these challenging pupils if it is to secure a good or outstanding behaviour judgement in Ofsted’s new inspection framework. Tricia will base the day on the excellent strategies set out in the ‘Behaviour Profile’.
It is a day that is relevant for every school. It is not only for those that are currently faced with these issues but also schools that want to develop excellent strategies for if and when it happens to them.
On the course Tricia will:
- Review the new Behaviour Judgement in the 2019 OFSTED Framework
- Identify the criteria being used by OFSTED to reach the new Behaviour judgement
- Show schools how to use the ‘Behaviour Profile’ she has designed to audit and develop IMPLEMENTATION strategies to successfully improve individual pupil’s behaviour
- Work through the ‘ Six Behaviour Profiles’ to help delegates develop their own school’s provision for behaviour INTENT in the light of the new OFSTED Framework
- Ensure that schools and teachers understand their key role regarding SEMH applications for EHCPs
- Show schools how to build an ‘EVIDENCE CHEST’ of appropriate documentation and evidence to demonstrate IMPACT of the IMPLEMENTATION of their behaviour strategies
- Schools will be provided with a memory stick containing relevant policies and other useful documents.
Course date: Wednesday 25th March
Course Leader: Tricia Murphy:
Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members SENDCOs and Teachers
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a two-course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place Payment is by invoice sent to school