Middle Leadership- Module 1
THE CORE ROLE OF A MIDDLE LEADER
This course is for Middle Leaders, TLRs and those aspiring to Middle Leadership. Each of the three modules lasts a day and it stands in its own right as a complete INSET day. Module 1 is the first of the three modules and the three modules can be taken in any order. As well as helping Middle leaders understand their key role it will prepare subject leaders for the significant part they now play in the New Ofsted Inspections 2020. On completion of all three modules, course members will be given the Excellence in Education Certificate of Middle Leadership to add to their professional development portfolio to show that they have completed three days of significant training in Leadership and Management.
The course will help Middle Leaders and aspiring middle leaders to develop the key and important skills to enable them to make an effective contribution to the development of teaching, learning standards and achievement across their schools.
This first module will include:
- Understanding the core role of a middle leader
- Identifying the key outcomes of effective middle leadership
- The New Ofsted Inspection Framework 2020 – the importance of subject leaders
- Deep Dives into the Foundation Curriculum – the key impact of middle leaders on inspections
- Helping Middle Leaders and aspiring middle leaders to develop the key and important skills necessary to make an effective contribution to the development of teaching, learning standards and achievement across their schools
- Identifying and developing key important middle leadership skills
- Developing leadership and management strategies for a subject or aspect of the school’s work
- It will provide evidence for Ofsted that the headteacher is offering high quality training for Middle Leaders
- It offers headteachers with the opportunity to strengthen the leadership structure of their schools
- Delegates will be provided with a memory stick full of key resources
Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT per delegate, per module.
Audience: Middle Leaders, TLRs and teachers aspiring to be Middle Leaders and TLRs
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; fruit juice, tea and coffee at breaks and a two course lunch in the restaurant will provided for delegates.