‘Designated Senior Leaders for Mental Health’ADVANCED CERTIFICATE
Two Day Certificate Course for Designated Senior Leaders for MH in School
This course provides excellent and essential advanced training for Designated Senior Leaders for Mental Health, including Headteachers and members of Senior Leadership Teams in primary and special schools. The DfE is committed to ‘Transforming Children and Young people’s Mental Health Provision’ in schools. Government sponsored training will not be available to all schools until at least 2022. The new statutory mental health duties for schools came into force in September 2019.
This two day certificated course will ensure that your Designated Senior Leader for Mental Health (DSLMH) is trained and ready in this the first year of the new duties. Be ready for Ofsted’s inspection of well-being. All course members undertaking the two day training will be awarded an Advanced Certificate of Completion.
An outline of the two days::
Day1. - Leading Mental Health for Pupils and Staff – Role Clarity
- Conducting an audit of your school SEMH provision
- Role and responsibilities of governing body and HT
- DSL The Role and key responsibilities
- Assessments for SEND support and EHCPs for social emotional and mental health
- Mental Health interventions for good mental health and Family Liaison
- Mental health in the curriculum
Day2. - Strategies for Preventing Mental Health Issues – Role Delivery
- The identification and support of pupils and staff at risk or showing signs of mental health issues
- Support and Referrals for anxiety, depression, general disorders
- Commissioning extra and specialist support in your school
- Eating disorders and self-harm; Depression, stress, anxiety
- Body/gender dysmorphia: Autistic Spectrum pupils and their mental health
- ADHD children and their mental health: Speech communication and pupils’ mental health
- Coordinating mental health needs of pupils and overseeing the delivery of interventions
A memory stick containing all of the key documents will be given to course members on each of the days
Course Leader: Tricia Murphy Audience: DSL for Mental Health; Headteachers; SLT
Course Days: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm
Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; fruit juice, tea and coffee at break and a two course lunch in the restaurant will provided for delegates.
Course Fee: £450.00 plus VAT (In total for the two days) Payment is by invoice sent to school
Booking on the first day automatically reserves your place on day two.