‘Deep Dives’ into your Foundation Subjects
THE NEW OFSTED INSPECTIONS 2020
Preparing for ‘Deep Dives’ into your Foundation Subjects Intent, Implementation and Impact
Are you ready for Ofsted’s deep dives?
The Ofsted New Inspection framework has a strong focus on the Foundation Subjects e.g. music, P.E. history, art and geography. This course will prepare senior leaders and subject leaders for the ‘DEEP DIVES’ that are an important aspect of the new Ofsted Inspections in 2020. It will set out what senior leaders and subject leaders need to do in preparation for the new focus on the foundation curriculum with its emphasis on Intent, Implementation and Impact.
An excellent pack of support materials will be provided to help delegates prepare for their next inspection. These will include checklists for subject leaders to prepare for their subject leadership interviews and questions that inspectors are likely to ask subject leaders, children and senior leaders. You will be offered work scrutiny proformas and other documents to customise for your school. The day will help you review and evaluate how ready your foundation subjects are ready for inspection.
The day will:
- Explore how the new framework is used to judge Intent, Implementation and Impact in the subjects of the foundation curriculum
- Look at the ‘fourth Eye’ – Interpretation
- Provide feedback from inspections that have already taken place under the New Framework
- Focus on the important and crucial elements of the new inspections and how to prepare for them
- Offer examples of quality learning experiences that generate ‘sticky knowledge’ and alter long term memory (knowledge building) in the foundation subjects
- Share examples from schools in the North West that have developed their curriculum
- Use video, of children responding to questions and senior leaders’ preparation of the curriculum in advance of the new framework
- Provide delegates with a full package of materials and resources that can be customised for use in your school
Course Leader: Ian Coulson Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members; Curriculum Leaders
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a two-course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place Payment is by invoice sent to school